I read an article in the Daily Star which related to 5 foods you should give up immediately and thought I should share it with you. I am not doing too badly on the list but thought it might be a good one for you to check yourself.
I do not think they have them in any particular order, so lets see how you do with these as well.
- Margarine: Is described as “Margarine is an imitation butter spread used for spreading, baking, and cooking.” I have not touched the stuff myself in a a long time. Cannot think of anything about margarine that would make me recommend the product after all the health scares over the past few years. I suppose that is a bit harsh, but feel far more comfortable with butter and coconut oil.
- Soy Sauce and Salad Dressing: I do not really like either, and apparently they contain way too much salt in the form of sodium as well. I would believe that about Soy Sauce, but I suppose it depends on the salad dressing you are going to buy.
- Microwave Popcorn: Apparently the bag which the microwave is contained in has a chemical coating that has the potential to cause cancer. I cannot remember the last time I ate microwavable popcorn so for me this one does not worry me too muc.
- Processed meat: Is preserved using nitrates. One of the list of bad habits I encourage everyone to manage for themselves. Nitrates are linked to so many issues that it would take me a long time to list them all. Needless to say this is one of my bad habits that I try to manage as I have a hard time giving up my Friday English breakfast at work. Love that bacon and sausage.
- Fizzy Drinks: Never touch the stuff these days, but was very bad when I was younger. If your recommended daily amount of sugar is 30g, and one bottle of fizzy drink can contain close to 50g in a bottle, it is no wonder there is the potential for serious health problems when drinking a couple of bottles a day.
Anyway, the link to the story is here
Visited 151 Times, 1 Visit today